You can rock mermaid hair, wear a mermaid wedding dress, or sport a mermaid tail at the pool, but have you ever drank from a mermaid mug?
Mermaids are one of the most well-known fantasy creatures. Half-human and half-fish, whether seen alongside Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean, or desperately longing to be human in The Little Mermaid, these creatures are one of the most famous legends to be spawned from the sea.
Adults can now enjoy mermaid fantasies of their own, thanks to Absolut Elyx and its new Copper Mermaid Drinking Vessel. The exclusive product features a dazzling ornamental creature of the deep on its top. The mug holds up to 360 milliliters of brew; perfect for sipping cocktails on the beach or by the pool.
The Copper Mermaid Drinking Vessel retails for $299 and can only be found in Absolut Elyx’s shop. It's available now, but only for a limited time.
In addition to the mug, Absolut Elyx is diving further into the depths with a few select mermaid-inspired cocktails, using their copper-crafted vodka as a base. With plenty of fruit, a few mixes with champagne, and a few surprises here and there, there’s certainly an element of mystery and adventure for these mixes. Try them out yourself!
View this post on Instagram
Part of Your World
A delightful reference to possibly the most famous mermaid movie of all time, this fruity mix with splashes of vodka and champagne works is as perfect as an ocean breeze.
Note: “Parts” refers to a single measurement; whether that be a tablespoon or teaspoon, just keep it the same throughout the recipe.
- 3 Parts Absolut Elyx Vodka
- 1 Part chili-infused fino sherry
- 2 Parts of pineapple syrup
- 2 Parts of lime juice
- 3 Parts of champagne
- Add the Absolut Elyx, fino sherry, pineapple syrup, and lime juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well, and strain into your mermaid drinking vessel.
- Top with champagne, and stir the drink well to combine all the ingredients.
- Add a straw, and enjoy!
A hidden hideaway, or a hard lemonade mix? This tangy touch will have you relaxing well on the sea, bringing a splash to anyone trying to get away for a while.
- 3 Parts Absolut Elyx
- 1 Part blue curaçao
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Top with plenty of lemonade
- Fill a copper mug—such as the Mermaid Drinking Vessel—with cubed ice.
- Measure the ingredients to equal parts, and stir gently to combine.
- Top with the lemonade, and stir well again.
- Garnish with sea salt.
- Serve, and enjoy!